Sprint Duet is an annual series of dual sprint orienteering races, bringing standard and professional orienteering experience to participants. Competition terrain mainly consists of urban area, parks and open space.
Sprint Duet 2018
The First Movement
Cum HK Orienteering Ranking League 2018
The Second Movement
Tai Wai (The First Movement)
Please note article 9.4 in the Orienteering Competition By-law of the Orienteering Association of Hong Kong: “Embargoed competition area shall not be access for any orienteering activity or surveying activity without prior approval from the event organizer. From one day before the competition until the close of the competition, apart from the orienteering competition, competitors shall not enter the competition area to conduct any activity.”
Tai Po (The Second Movement)
From one day before the competition until the close of the competition, apart from the orienteering competition, competitors shall not enter the competition area to conduct any activity.
- Classes divided by age (M/W 21 are open classes with no age restriction)
- Top 3 orienteers of each class would be awarded
- Each orienteer would have his own designated start time (e.g. 09:01, 10:13)
- Result is applicable for ranking league (for The First Movement)
- Classes divided by course difficulty
- No prices awarded
- Orienteers would have start period
- Result is NOT applicable to ranking league
- Enjoy a discount
- Registering two events before 2018/9/16 enjoys duet discount
- Registering single event before 2018/9/2 (the First Movement) 或 2018/10/14 (the Second Movement) enjoys early-bird discount
- MetOC members enjoy $10 discount upon registration (only valid for successful membership application 1 month before event)
- Participants without owned SPORTident card must rent from us ($20 / event)
- Age Limit: 6 or above (as of event day)
- M is Men’s Class. W is Women’s Class. Women can apply for Men’s Class. Men cannot apply for Women’s Class. There is no gender differentiation in Holiday Class.
- The prize of Men’s and Women’s Class will be calculated separately for Competition Class.
- You must enter in the class corresponding to your Hong Kong ranking class to count for ranking points in the race, and enter the OAHK membership number during registration.
- ME/WE only for competitors in the Elite Class of the Hong Kong Orienteering Ranking League (Sprint)
- The organiser has purchased Public Liability Insurance; Competitors should be responsible to their own accidents. The organiser shall not be liable to it. We strongly recommend competitors joining suitable insurance scheme.
- The organizer reserves the final right for any amendment.